Here is a list of my publications. Writing is a funny business in that published work is a snapshot of where you were when you were writing it. Publication takes a long time, and by the time of publication you have often moved on. When the book comes out, it takes on a life of its own irrespective of what you put in the book. Interpretations vary immensely. I once read a good review of one of the books Jane and I had written. When the reviewer shared what they had found in the book, it didn't sound like the book I thought we had written!
I offer the list warts and all. No doubt I would not write the things I wrote almost twenty years ago now. I hope it shows growth and development. Who knows. Some are still available, and I give links.
- (2016) Talking to Terrorists, Non-Violence and Counter-Terroriism: Lessons for Gaza from Northern Ireland. New York: Palgrave Pivot.
- (2016) Welcoming Strangers: Nonviolent Re-parenting of Children in Foster Care. New Brunswick: Transaction.
- (2012) An Intentional Life: Musings of a Secular Monastic. Philadelphia: XLibris.
- (2012) The Quest for Paradise. An Owen Breese-Jones Novel. Writing as Jack Andrews. Philadelphia: XLibris.
- (2012) Secular Monasticism. With jane hall Fitz-Gibbon. Philadelphia: XLibris.
- (2012) Love as a Guide to Morals. VIBS Ethical Theory and Practice Series. Amsterdam: Rodopi.
- (2010) Editor. Positive Peace: Reflections on Peace Education, Nonviolence and Social Justice. VIBS, Philosophy of Peace Series. Amsterdam: Rodopi.
- (2006) A Way of Living. With Jane Hall Fitz-Gibbon, Philadelphia: Xlibris.
- (2000) In the World, But Not of the World: Christian Social Thinking at the End of the Twentieth Century. Lanham, MD and Oxford: Lexington Books.
- (1997) Prophetic Lifestyle and the Celtic Way. With Jane Fitz-Gibbon, Crowborough: Monarch.
- (1995) The Kiss of Intimacy. With Jane Fitz-Gibbon, Monarch: Crowborough.
- (1995) Something Extraordinary is Happening. With Jane Fitz-Gibbon, Crowborough: Monarch.
Articles and Book Chapters
- (forthcoming) “The Ethics of Care and Violence.” Michael Brown and Katy Gray Brown Nonviolence: Critiquing Assumptions, Examining Frameworks. Leiden: Brill.
- (forthcoming) “Children and Ahimsa.” With Jane Hall Fitz-Gibbon. Predrag Cicovacki and Kendy Hess. Nonviolence as a Way of Life. Delhi: Motilal Banarsidas Publisher.
- (2015) “The Beloved Community: A Neo-Aristotelian perspective.” Andrew Fiala, The Nature of Peace and the Peace of Nature. Leiden: Brill.
- (2015) “Return to Earth: A New Natural Philosophy?” Andrew Fiala, The Nature of Peace and the Peace of Nature. Leiden: Brill.
- (2015) “Peace” in The Bloomsbury Companion to Political Philosophy, Andrew Fiala (Editor). London: Bloomsbury.
- (2014) “Loving Nonviolent (Re)Parenting: A Research Note.” With Jane Hall Fitz-Gibbon. Social Advocacy and Systems Change Journal.
- (2013) “Somaesthetics: Possibilities for Philosophical Practice.” Philosophical Practice. Vol. 8.2. July.
- (2012) “The Reasonableness of Sentimentalism and Violence.” Peace Review.
- (2012) “Somaesthetics and Nonviolence.” Social Philosophy Today, North American Society of Social Philosophy.
- (2011) “Intersectionality and Love.” Danielle Poe. Communities of Peace: Confronting Injustice, Creating Justice. Amsterdam: Rodopi.
- (2011) “Perpetual Violence? Mimesis and Anamnesis.” Rob Gildert and Dennis Rothermel Remembrance and Reconciliation. Amsterdam: Rodopi.
- (2011) “Christian Mysticism: Unity and the Love for All.” Anthony J. Nocella and Lisa Kemmerer Call to Compassion. New York: Lantern Books.
- (2010) “Rehabilitating Nonresistance.” The Acorn: Journal of the Gandhi-King Society.
- (2009) “The Praxis of Nonviolence.” The Journal for Peace and Justice Studies, 19 (2). Philadelphia: Villanova University.
- (2009) “Case Studies in Philosophical Practice.” With Kathryn Russell. Philosophical Practice, Journal of the APPA, online.
- (2009) Book Review. The New Atheists: The Twilight of Reason and the War on Religion. Tina Baettie. Maryknoll: Orbis, 2008 in The Journal for Peace and Justice Studies, 19 (1), 89-92. Philadelphia: Villanova University.
- (2009 ) “The War in Iraq: What Works?” Motives, Boston: University of Boston, online. Invited.
- (2008) “Spiritual Practice as a Foundation for Peacemaking.” Danielle Poe and Eddy Souffrant Parceling the Globe: Philosophical Exploration in Globalization, Global Behavior, and Peace. Amsterdam: Rodopi.
- (2007) “Is Love Nonviolent?” The Acorn: Journal of the Gandhi-King Society, Volume XIII, 2, Spring-Summer.
- (2006) “Eudaimonia, the Monastic Spirit and Early Methodist Practice.” The Journal of Wesleyan Philosophy, 5 (1), online.
- (1996-2000) “The Internet.” Monthly column Renewal Magazine. With Jane Fitz-Gibbon. Crowborough: Monarch.
- (1996) “Reflections on the Toronto Experience.” The Christian Parapsychologist, December.
- (1994) “A Plea For Historical Integrity” Anabaptism Today, February.
Book Series Editor: (Associate Editor, VIBS, Editions Rodopi B.V., Editor, Social Philosophy Series)
- (2010) Postethnophilosophy, Sanya Osha.
- (2009) Thinking About Addiction, Craig Hanson.
- (2009) Kant and Dostoevsky: Dialogues on Ethics, Evgenia Cherkasova.